Easy one bowl recipe packed full of good nutrients to get your body feeling good for the day ahead. Love these as a quick breakfast for those busy mornings. I make ahead of time for a quick grab and go in the morning. Kid friendly!
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Optional: 2oz 72% vegan dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (or 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, mix together melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, mashed banana, and vanilla and almond extracts until smooth and creamy. Next fold in flaxseed meal, almond meal, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix until a thick dough forms. Next add in oats and chia seeds and gently fold into the batter until evenly distributed. Lastly fold in blueberries, walnuts and dark chocolate if using.
- Use a large cookie dough scoop or 1/4 cup to scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheet (We want these to be BIG cookies!). Make sure you tightly pack the dough into a ball before putting it onto the sheet. Gently press the top of the dough down just a little to flatten the tops. Bake for 13-16 minutes until edges begin to turn slightly golden brown. Allow cookies to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan and transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Makes 10 big cookies.
- for 12-16 minutes
Recipe from http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com