Thai Buddha Bowl with Peanut Sauce
Thai Buddha Bowl with Peanut Sauce – this clean eating recipe with red rice and a rainbow of veggies is gluten free and vegan friendly. Course Main Course Cuisine Thai Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 10 minutes Total Time 15 minutes Servings 2 servings Author LeelaLicious
- 1 cup cooked red rice
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- garlic chives and crushed peanuts for topping
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- ⅔ cup natural unsweetened peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons white or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste shrimp paste-free red curry paste for vegans
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce Tamari or fish sauce (for non-vegans)
- Warm leftover red rice or cook it fresh according to directions.
- To make the peanut sauce combine all ingredients except for fish sauce (if using) in a small saucepan and bring to a boil on medium. Then turn heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken the sauce while stirring very frequently. Stir in fish sauce at the end and set sauce aside.
- To assemble the buddha bowls divide the cooked red rice between two bowls and top with bean sprouts, shredded carrot and purple cabbage, garlic chives and crushed peanuts.
- Drizzle with warm peanut sauce to taste (1/8-1/4 cup per serving) and serve.
Store remaining peanut sauce in the fridge and use for more buddha bowls or this awesome spaghetti squash recipe (all-time reader favorite).