This cowboy caviar is a colorful and hearty dip that’s loaded with beans, avocado and veggies, all tossed in a zesty homemade sauce. It’s the perfect make-ahead dish for a potluck! Course AppetizerCuisine AmericanKeyword cowboy caviar Prep Time 20 minutesCook Time 1 minuteTotal Time 21 minutes Servings 8 Calories 195kcal Author Sara Welch
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can black eyed peas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup tomatoes seeded and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup corn can be fresh, canned or thawed from frozen
- 1 avocado chopped
- 3/4 cup red and/or orange bell pepper seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the beans, black eyed peas, tomatoes, jalapeno, corn, avocado, bell pepper, onion and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, honey, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve as a salad or with chips.
Make ahead instructions: Assemble according to instructions, except omit the avocado. Refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Add the avocado right before serving.
Recipe and Picture from https://www.savorythoughts.com/cowboy-caviar/